Welcome to Med World Plus! Ordered before 19:30, shipped today.
Our vision, mission and ambition
Lives unlimited by alcohol and drug harm.
Inspire positive change and deliver evidence-based approaches to minimise alcohol and drug harm.
By 2025 we have changed knowledge, attitudes and practices so that we prevent and delay uptake amongst young people and strengthen prevention and harm reduction strategies for all. We will have achieved this by increasing adoption of evidence-based approaches.
The future we want to create
- Increased knowledge about alcohol and other drugs and their associated harms.
- Fewer young people reporting use of alcohol and other drugs.
- Later age of use of alcohol and other drugs.
- Fewer people reporting they are victims of harms associated with alcohol and other drugs.
- Changed attitudes / reduced stigma related to alcohol and other drugs and people who use them.
- Increased adoption of evidence-based approaches and practices that prevent and reduce harm.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics. Deaths Due to Harmful Alcohol Consumption in Australia 2018 [updated 24 September 2019; cited 2020 June 25].
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Alcohol, tobacco & other drugs in Australia 2021 [updated 15 December 2021; cited 2022 March 17].
- Penington Institute. Australia’s Annual Overdose Report 2021. Melbourne: Penington Institute; 2021.
- Whetton S, Tait R, Gilmore W, Dey T, Agramunt S, Abdul Halim S, et al. Examining the Social and Economic Costs of Alcohol Use in Australia: 2017/18. National Drug Research Institute: Curtin University; 2021.
- Collins D, Lapsley, H, . The Costs of Tobacco, Alcohol and Illicit Drug Abuse to Australian Society in 2004/05. Canberra: Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing; 2008.